We’re excited to announce that we’ll be offering a monthly local produce box program for the months of October through April. It is a fundraiser called the Farm Bag Program and it will help us raise money for our C.Urb site at the corner of Nanaimo and Ellis – 20% of every sale goes towards helping us build a stellar Centre for Urban Agriculture!
What does it cost?
The program is $175 for 7 months – that’s $25/month for 20 lbs of local produce!
What do you get?
- Each month you come to a central location to pick up a 20 lbs seasonal collection of locally-grown produce.
- The first time you come, you receive a Farm Bag program reusable bag into which you can put your produce.
- Each month the produce will vary, according to what is available. Throughout the winter, the contents will consist of cold-stored goods. Where possible the produce is organic.
- An informative newsletter is provided with each month’s produce with recipes and information about the contents.
How do I buy a Farm Bag?
- Visit http://farmbag.littlegreenbook.ca
- Click on ‘Buy a Farm Bag’ in the top left corner
- Choose Penticton Urban Agriculture Association
- Follow the prompts for placing your order (you’ll receive a confirmation email when the order has been submitted)
- Pop a cheque in the mail right away!
When is my order due?
- Orders need to be in by September 28th, 2011 to receive an October Farm Bag.
- The first delivery will be either October 12/13. You will be notified in advance of time, date and location.
- Late orders will be added to the next delivery month, and the program cost will be $25/month for the remaining months in the season (it ends in April).
Where can I learn more?
You can visit the Farm Bag Fundraiser website to learn more about the program.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.